I Plan Period
Five years from April 1, 2016 through March 31, 2022
II Plan Contents
To notify staff members thoroughly of day-off and leave systems for childbirth and childcare, to encourage them to take the leave, and to provide childcare support.
To notify staff members thoroughly of day-off and leave systems for childbirth and childcare, Achieve at least one male employee taking maternity leave during the plan period.
- At all such times notify staff members at the time of recruitment, submission of a report of the birth of a child, and other occasions for which they can find information about systems on the Gakunai information page. Encourage all staff members to take the leave of absence.
- In March 2019, the Work-Life Balance Support Guidebook was created and distributed to all faculty and staff. Encourage awareness and use of the various systems.
Reduce the number of overtime hours worked, and in the final year of the plan period, the monthly average of each month’s legal overtime hours for all full-time workers will be 30 hours or less.
- At all such times disseminate announcements of no-overtime days that the Administration Bureau establishes twice a week.
- From 2017 to July.2018, Continue to test the “summer lifestyle reform.”
- Do not set meetings that will extend after 5 p.m., in principle.
To encourage the taking of annual paid leave, Increase the average annual paid leave take-up rate of workers to at least 25% over the plan period on a continuous basis.
- At all such times disseminate information throughout the university that meetings and events will not be set up for days on which consecutive holidays can be taken.
- From 2019, Thoroughly disseminate information throughout the university that each department should make holiday plans ahead of time so that all workers can take holidays more easily before and after the summer holidays as well as the year-end and New Year holidays.
To recruit women actively so that women faculty and staff will account for approximately 15% by March 2022.
- Starting from the 2017 academic year, hold lectures for career development for female graduate students to convey the attractiveness of careers in education and research.
To appoint women actively so that women in managerial positions will account for approximately 20% by March 2022.
- Starting from 2017 academic year, hold lectures for career development for increasing numbers of female faculty and other staff members to raise their motivation to fill managerial positions.
- Actively appoint women administrative staff members to managerial and semi-managerial positions.